Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner - Stephenie Meyer

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner - Stephenie Meyer

I have wanted to read this for a while and was pleased to see it was a fairly short book.  It took me one night to get through this story, and although it was short, I was definitely not disappointed by the story line.

As anyone who has read Twilight: Eclipse knows, Bree is one of the newborns in the army that goes after Bella. Unlike Bella, her ending is not as happy.  I loved the fact that Stephenie Meyer decided to tell the story from the perspective of the newborn, blood thirsty vampires that stalk Seattle.  Let's face it, we have all been salivating for another Twilight story since we finished reading Breaking Dawn, and this lovely little tale gives us great new characters and a whole new way to look at the vampire life Bella has never seen.

Bree introduces us to the suspicions and fear that this whole new world has to offer.  She also experiences a short, but meaningful, (to her) romance as well as developing a great friendship with another powerful vampire, Fred.  I would love another book where the Cullins meet up with Fred at some point.  Through the telling of Bree's story, we discover there was so much more going on in her head then we could have dreamed of in Eclipse.

I WANT MORE STEPHENIE MEYER!!!
She can write with such wonderful emotion, it leaves me spent.  I give it a 6 out of 5, off the charts!!

No comments:

Post a Comment