Thursday, January 6, 2011

First Book Read of the New Year - Sizzle

Sizzle - By Julie Garwood.  I really enjoyed this book.  A thriller, suspense mystery that wasn't too intellectual to be entertaining.  The setting in sunny California was typical and the main characters were young hard bodies who, predictably hooked up.  The sex scenes were okay, not great writing, and the ending was also predictable.

It took me about 24 hours total to get through this book, which is not a lot of time, so it was an  easy read with an easy flow, even after taking pain meds for a tonsillectomy surgery.

The only thing that left me hanging in the end was the relationship between the main character, Lyra's, parents and her grandmother was never fully resolved.  There was still a lingering conflict that I wanted to have buttoned up but it never was.  I have to wonder if Julie Garwood is planning to write a sequel or not.

All in all I would give it a 3 out of 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment