Sunday, January 23, 2011

Fatally Frosted - Jessica Beck

Fatally Frosted by Jessica Beck

As I stated in my previous blog post, I continued to read this novel in hopes it would tie up some loose ends from the first one, Glazed Murder.  It didn't, and I was extremely disappointed.

In this book, our slightly plump heroine, Suzanne Hart, discovers a pushy local has been murdered by one of her own donuts.  In order to clear her name, she has to solve the mystery and capture the real murderer.  Once again, the similarities from the Joanne Fluke novels continue.  The relationship between Suzanne and her ex-husband, Max, is becoming more and more tense as she tries to tell him she is moving on and he should do the same.  While her new budding relationship with the police office becomes strained as she is the number #1 suspect in this most recent murder. 

The recipes embedded through out are good, however they don't have the underlying theme that the ones in the Hannah Swensen books have.  (I may be comparing these two series just a little too much, but I can't help it, they are just so similar.)  I finished this book in just one day.  It was good light reading and a nice break from the other novels that are currently on my list.

This book gets a 3.5 out of 5 for me.  It just didn't have enough meat in it to give it any more then that.

No comments:

Post a Comment