Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports - Maximum Ride #3

Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports: Maximum Ride Series 3 - James Patterson

Okay, here we go, the third book in the series of "The Flock".  I have to say I liked this book, but the series is beginning to wear on me.  What kept my attention through this book was that the action never stopped.  I'm serious, there is SO much going on in this one, that I could barely keep up.  From the very beginning we are introduced to a message on a laptop, which they stole at the end of the last book, that warns of a traitor in their midst.  Fang's blog plays heavily in this story as we find out towards the end.  I enjoy the trickery involved in the middle and without giving too much away, I have to say I completely bought it and was slightly disappointed by the writing of how the betrayal was not actually true.  I think it could have been done better. 

The flock actually splits up in this book, which surprised me but was believable because of the addition of Ari, Max's supposed half brother who has tried to kill all of them on numerous occasions.  Fang doesn't take kindly to Ari joining their family so he decides to go his own way, learning how difficult being a leader actually is.  Ari seems to have had a change of heart and is now a kinder, gentler Ari.  Having an expiration date tends to do that.  Before the split, Fang and Max's relationship is progressing, but Max keeps running away. 

Max's little group, which consists of Ari, Nudge, Angel and Total (the talking dog) try to take out the entire corporation that was the reason for their existence and most likely the cause of the constant death threats.  During the process, they manage to get themselves captured, again; Max learns who her mother is (or does she) as well as her father, and a whole bunch of kids from around the world help them take down an evil dictator.

I have no idea what surprises The Final Warning Maximum Ride Series #4 will have and I must say I'm not too sure I'm looking forward to finding out.  This book left me spent from all of the excitement so I don't know how much more I can take. This book gets a 4 out of 5 from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment